A little over a year ago, I met, Stipi, at the Minnesota Bride’s Best of Party. Stipi (who you’ll see giving a speech below) was interning with my fabulously-talented friends at Capture Studios. Stipi is from Bergen, Norway, so I, of course, wanted to hear all about this beautiful country… at some point in our conversation, I mentioned how amazing it would be to photograph a wedding in Norway! Stipi remembered this and went home and told his best friend, Joel (who just happened to be planning his and Linn’s wedding). I don’t know how it all happened, but a few Skype calls and a year later, I was bound for Norway! I will blog some images soon from the travels that Tony and I did while we were there, but for now, you have got to see this beautiful couple in this incredibly beautiful country!
My favorite things about Joel & Linn’s wedding day were:
- even though I didn’t speak one word of the language, I was moved with emotion throughout the day, because I could see the love in everyone’s faces for these two!
- even though I didn’t speak one word of the language, I enjoyed all the laughs and tears that poured out during all of their speeches.
- the wedding day truly was about Joel & Linn’s commitment to each other, not about some big party that everyone was attending.
- Linn’s freckles (seriously, how gorgeous is she?!)
- Joel’s brother-in-law married them and ironically attended the same ittby-bitty college that I did in Minneapolis, North Central University!
- Joel sang and danced with Linn all the way down the isle after they were married! He was so good, I thought he was lip-syncing. I was wrong!
- their bridal party was oh-so-sweet!
- the little guy who decided to sneak out during speeches to snatch some more candy
- Linn ended the night by singing to Joel (I think I was the only one in the room who CAN’T sing)!
- both sets of parents sought me out at the end of the night to thank me and then apologized that their English wasn’t very good. Oh, if only you knew how much it meant to me!
- Joel & Linn totally made me tear up when they publicly thanked me in their speech. <3
Joel & Linn, I don’t have the words to express how thankful I am for having me be a part of your wedding day!